Join Dr. David Swann for the annual City of Calgary Pathway and River Cleanup, Sunday, May 7, in Bridgeland.
For those who have joined us in the past, we will be meeting in the parking lot of the Bridgeland Seventh Day Adventist Church (48 12 St NE, Calgary).
Please note: While there is ample parking, we do not have access to any washroom facilities. Bottles of water and light snacks will be provided, along with hand sanitizer. A First Aid Kit will be on-site.
Additionally: In the event of inclement weather, the cleanup may be postponed or rescheduled with short notice. Please check Dr. Swann’s Twitter account for any update(s). If you have any other questions, please contact Layne Douglas at Dr. Swann’s constituency office no later than Friday, May 5: email@example.com or 403.216.5445.
- You must sign the City’s waiver – which will be available – in order to take part; any children under the age of 16 will require a parent present at all times.
- Wear your hat and sunscreen, but come prepared for a change in the weather.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Watch out for dangerous objects, such as discarded drug paraphernalia or broken glass – mark these with a provided flag.
- Leave all garbage bags next to a city pathway to be collected later in the day.
- Clear bags will be available for separating out refundable recyclables, if you wish.
- Please see the below image for information on where to meet and the area being cleaned.
- If you have any questions, please speak with Layne Douglas, who will be attending from Dr. Swann’s constituency office.
We look forward to seeing you there! Thank you for coming out to help us keep Calgary beautiful.